By Richard O'Reilly
Carl Frampton will not fight Andres Gutierrez after both fighters were unable to arrange a new date.
The original fight had been scheduled for the SSE Arena on 29th July, however Gutierrez suffered a freak accident prior to the bout.
The Mexican suffered two broken teeth and facial injuries when he slipped in the shower.
The incident added to a controversial build up, as Frampton missed the weight for the fight by 1lb.
Cyclone Promotions said it is 'currently working to arrange a date for a new fight'
Frampton held an open training session in Belfast prior to the cancelled fight with Gutierrez
Cyclone added it was confident 'Carl Frampton will become world champion again.'
Carl Frampton vs. Andres Gutierrez statement: pic.twitter.com/Vbqty0cKtm— Cyclone Promotions (@CyclonePromo) August 17, 2017
A date in November had been proposed for the fight to take place, however Cyclone said that 'unsuitable for both fighters'
Cyclone also said it was 'profoundly sorry for fans'.
The fight with Gutierez would have been a first bout for the 30 year-old Frampton since his loss to Leo Santa Cruz.
The cancellation comes amid speculation Frampton is to cut ties with manger and Cyclone boss, Barry McGuigan.