Q Radio Sport
The Tennent's Irish Cup quarter-finals are due to be played on Saturday afternoon, weather permitting (all 3pm).
Still scheduled to the place at the moment are Linfield against Cliftonville, Glentoran at Coleraine, Glenavon against Loughgall and Larne away to Ballymena.
The Irish FA says no decisions will be taken until Saturday with pitch inspections in the morning.
IFA statement -
The Irish FA has been in regular contact with the four host clubs of tomorrow’s Tennent’s Irish Cup quarter-finals with regard to the condition of playing surfaces following the recent cold weather.
Every effort is being made to allow the games to go ahead, while ensuring the safety and wellbeing of players and fans.
With varying weather forecast for Northern Ireland overnight, decisions on the games will be made first thing tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
Glenavon statement, Friday evening -
The Club would like to say a huge thank you to all those ground staff and volunteers (men, women and children) who worked tirelessly today to help clear the car park, stands and pitch of snow. A tremendous amount of work was done towards what seemed like an impossible task.
There is still a significant amount of work to be done tomorrow (if the weather is kind) to enable us to pass an 11 am pitch inspection; so if you want to be enjoying our Irish Cup quarter final fixture at 3pm the manager requested your help.
Work is continuing this evening and will commence at 8:30am if you can spare a couple of hour
As well as manpower there is a critical need for snow shovels, wheelbarrows and leaf blowers to finish the job.
Any help will be much appreciated, and even if you can’t physically help, if you have any of the above items please bring them along to MVP.
Coleraine Twitter -
Coleraine FC have requested a pitch inspection for 10am on Saturday Morning to assess if the game should be postponed. At this moment with the weather improving we would be confident the game will go ahead
To ensure spectator safety and comfort it is planned to remove and residual snow/ice from the terracing etc on Saturday Morning. We would ask any fans that are available to meet at the club around 9.30am and bring shovels/brushes etc to assist with this.
Linfield statement -
Weather conditions have been challenging across Northern Ireland and elsewhere in recent days.
Ahead of tomorrow's scheduled huge Irish cup quarter-final tie against Cliftonville, supporters are advised of the following.
The Windsor Park pitch is presently playable.
There are concerns about the surrounding areas and work is ongoing to eradicate those concerns.
There are potential further snow showers forecast and the entire situation, including travel difficulties, is being kept under constant and very close review.
While a decision on whether the game proceeds or can not, may be taken today, it is also very possible that such a decision will not be taken until tomorrow morning.
Supporters are therefore asked to keep abreast of further updates, when available, as the situation develops, and hopefully improves.
Much of the hype ahead of the weekend fixtures has been generated by Larne with the Championship club running a successful social media campaign about the derby clash in Ballymena.
They've had support from former players, as well as the likes of Everton boss Sam Allardyce and former England and Southampton star Matt Le Tissier!
Shut Le Front door right now . . . . . It’s only Le Bloody Tissier @mattletiss7 supporting the #RAWA ahead of this Saturdays #IrishCup match . . . . Thanks for Le Support Matt 👏🏼👏🏼🇵🇱🇲🇨🇵🇱🇲🇨🇵🇱🇲🇨#WeAreLarne @SouthamptonFC pic.twitter.com/9F3SYktFI5— Gavin Clements #RAWA (@fc_larne) February 28, 2018